Sunday, November 15, 2015

Welcome!


Ya'at'eeh (Hello)! Welcome to Sew Nizhoni!  "Nizhoni" (pronounced Ni-zho-nee) means "beautiful/good" in Navajo.  You pronounce Sew like "so"; therefore, when you put them both together, it's another way of saying, "So Beautiful/Good!" It's been a long time coming and I'm so happy you have joined me in making and creating new arts and crafts.  We can learn together and learn from each other.  I have always wanted to start a blog of how-to so others who are learning can come here to find instructions easy and do-able.  Please send me questions if you are struggling with a project.  When I first started trying to do new projects, I found that instructions are difficult to understand, especially with sewing.  There were terms that were new and I was left with a mess.

A little about me:  I'm originally from Kirtland, New Mexico but currently reside in Provo, Utah.  I am Navajo, which is why part of the title is Navajo.  I received my Bachelors of Science degree from Brigham Young University and am currently working on a Bachelor's degree at Utah Valley University.  I work a lot, but get paid hanging out with my friends.  I love hanging out with family, eating at my favorite spots, watching movies, shopping, going to Disneyland, and talking with my parents on the phone.

Welcome again and I hope you enjoy what you see and read!
Blog Signature

No comments:

Post a Comment